Largest Video Library Streaming Online for Personal Transformation
Cutting edge technology merges with timeless wisdom to deliver Essential*TV , the first Internet television channel to offer high-quality, TV style viewing for anyone who wants to live life more fully. With nearly 400 titles of wellness, fitness, personal transformation and spiritual/religious programming, Essential*TV is the largest offering of its kind.
The channel, launched in September 2006, provides 24 hours a day of diverse programming ranging from “How to Eat for Your Body Type” and “Unlocking Your Intuition” to “How to Deal with Workplace Stress,” “Hatha Yoga” and “The Ancient Healing Properties of Acupuncture.”
The timing is perfect — interest in spirituality and Internet video is strong and growing and more people are using the Internet for religious activities. Essential*TV is a divine combination —
“We wanted to appeal to both a general audience, as well as those exploring advanced religion and philosophic study or a next step in a spiritual practice,” stated Joseph Lehnen, Essential*TV president. This will be a resource for relationship and parenting advice, stress reduction, grief counseling, the latest breakthroughs in alternative medicine and diet and fitness information.”
Lehnen, a former Wall street banker, said “Essential*TV was born out of a desire to provide people inspiration, information, support and guidance through life’s transitions.” The Internet is uniquely suited to provide a private, immediate, relaxing and non-commercial environment for programming that deals with inner development and health issues.”
Lehnen had the idea for the channel after going through a life-altering situation. “At crucial moments in my life I could have been helped tremendously by the kinds of programs on Essential*TV, but I had to do an extensive search to find the right material. I thought making it more readily available would be a real service to others.”
More than Just Programs
Essential*TV’s programming provides an entirely different and far more immersive experience than reading about a teacher, philosophy or practice. Essential*TV’s full-screen format brings video alive and delivers leading teachers and experts directly into a viewer’s personal space.
Since the programming often guides people through a process of inner-exploration, privacy and timeliness are critical. E*TV provides a relaxing and non-commercial environment that lets viewers see programs on their own time and in the privacy of their own home.
The programming categories — Spiritual Practice, Inspiration & Discovery, Self Help & Growth, Healing & Wellness, Cycles of Life, Religion & Philosophy and Science & Spirit — feature thoughtfully selected titles that enable deep exploration within each subject. All of the world’s major faiths as well as more independent spiritual belief systems are represented in Essential*TV’s library.
With Essential*TV, people can spend time with well-known teachers and thinkers such as:
· Dr. Andrew Weil , best-selling author widely regarded as the pre-eminent authority on alternative medicine;
· Pema Chodron , leading force in establishing Tibetan Buddhism in the U.S and author of eight books;
· Phil Jackson , legendary NBA coach, known for his Zen approach to coaching;
· Riane Eisler , commissioner of the World Commission on Global Consciousness and Spirituality;
· Thich Nhat Hanh, Vietnamese Buddhist monk nominated by Martin Luther King for the Nobel Peace Prize;
· Rupert Sheldrake , biologist, author and former research fellow of the Royal Society in London;
· Christa Rypins , former professional athlete and yoga instructor;
· David Suzuki, Canadian geneticist and public commentator;
· Bishop Desmond TuTu , South African Anglican Archbishop;
· Huston Smith , professor of religion and philosophy, author of 14 books and the focus of a PBS special;
· Malcolm Muggeridge , Christian scholar and British author;
· Angeles Arrien , cultural anthropologist and award-winning author;
The site’s video offerings will be supplemented by exclusive editorial content, adding depth to what will become a busy, supportive community of seekers communicating and sharing their experiences on the site’s message boards. In the near future, viewers will also have access to interactive sessions with these luminaries in chat or Webinars.
How Does it Work?
Viewers access the content through an intuitive Web interface that delivers commercial-free programming in a full-screen format. All the shows are available 24- hours a day, with new program updates on a weekly basis. Customers can access the content in a variety of ways to meet their diverse needs.
Day Pass — $1.95 for 2 shows Month Pass – $9.95 for complete access (only $2.29 per week). 3-Month Pass – $25.35 for complete access