Article first appeared in Prediction Magazine, February 06, page 23.
How to unblock yourself, and achieve the life you desire
About 10 years ago a new client came to see me. Her cards indicated that she was mentally distraught, at the end of her tether; she was very kind, a bright divorced, single mother, living on a house boat. The cards also indicated that she was nearly suicidal, she managed a smile and nodded when I said ‘sometimes you feel like you want to leave this solar system altogether.’
What I also saw was that she had the potential to write creatively, and that if she chose, she could write a very successful movie script. Reluctantly, she took up my suggestion and joined a writing class. I am telling you this story because it illustrates a profound and easily forgotten truth: our lives are composed of a series of threads that are interwoven, like the pattern in a Persian carpet, and it does not consist of just one strand, or piece.
My client was experiencing blocks in several areas of her life; love, and finances, but this did not mean that all the potential areas for her development were also obstructed. Her creative thread was strong and would be sufficient to rescue her and guide her on her way. So, if you have a problem with your partner, or with your health, or with your children, always remember that there are always other threads in the pattern of your life which remain open and available to you to build on and make the whole pattern clearer. One blockage, or even two or three, will not block all the other threads available to you. Once you pick up a new thread, you are on your way to weaving the pattern of your life.
|Weaving the pattern of your life|
Now I know that this might sound obvious, but in my experience so many of us treat our problems as being so overwhelming that we can see no possibility of progress, we can see no sign of hope. We need to understand that when we experience a block in one area of our life it is very often a symptom of imbalance, or lack of energy flow, in other areas or threads in our life.
You will be glad to know that my client successfully completed her writing course, met her future husband (who was her course teacher and a movie director/producer) and wrote a short story. She also developed a unique healing ability of which she had been previously unaware. She now lives between two countries, writes, and is a healer. She needed to express her creativity and healing and the blockages she originally experienced forced her to re-balance herself and acknowledge key threads within it her life. In order to achieve her true potential, she needed to weave a particular pattern, her self-actualization, using all her talents and abilities.
Designing the pattern of your life
I believe that women, generally, and people with stronger feminine aspect, intuitively understand that need to see the whole picture, the holistic pattern of destiny- that is the creative power of the feminine.
As an exercise I suggest that you sit quietly with a blank sheet of paper and a pen, and that you draw a circle to represent your being, copying the diagram “Your Life’s Pattern” in this article.
|Your Life's Patern|
- From the centre of the circle, draw eight lines representing spokes of wheel at right angles to each other.
- Now mark 9 equal segments along each line, so that the 10th mark is actually the circumference of the circle.
- Label the end of each spoke, or thread, with the important elements in your life. For example: family & friends, job/career, health/fitness, personal development (interests and talents), money/finances, happiness/joy; creativity; and love. There are eight examples here, but you can add others or use fewer examples, the important thing is to realise that the pattern of your life is made up from a number of threads.
- Make several photo copies of this drawing, put the date down on the one you are about to complete now, before you go on to the next step.
- Take the centre of the circle to represents zero (totally dissatisfied), and the outer edge represent 10 (totally satisfied). Along each thread, or spoke, mark a cross (x) according to the current level of satisfaction in that area of your life.
- Finally, draw a line joining all the crosses together, and see how balanced is the ‘shape’ of your life. This will give you a clear picture as to what thread needs to be strengthened and to where to focus your energies.
(W)Holistic thinking suggests that you look at all the areas of your potential, and ask how you can develop each of these, enabling you to weave all the colours of the rainbow into the rich and magical pattern of my life. Now look at your sheet of paper once more and I will tell you one more secret: the stronger each thread or element becomes the stronger the pattern of your life will be, everything is interconnected – now that is the secret of a magical life.
You fulfil your soul’s purpose when you become what you are meant to be. Till next month, love, light and healing.
Prediction Magazine would love to hear from you if you have used any of the DIY tools mentioned in this and future articles. Overseas readers, get PREDICTION MAGAZINE sent straight to your computer! To receive the online edition of Prediction, click here
To read my previous monthly articles in Prediction, click here.