Article first appeared in Prediction Magazine, Feb. 2004
Many of you, may describe their lives as a continuous uphill struggle. It’s as though the universe is throwing endless ‘karmic balls’ at you. There is a reason for this.
My life has taught me that there is wisdom behind the ‘karmic balls’. The first thing you must do is not to surrender to negative emotions. The universe is not against you. You will soon discover that a “karmic ball” is the universe’s way of giving you yet another chance to purge situations and beliefs that have out-lived. Just like throwing out old furniture.
Please focus on three concepts:
1. If you do not like ‘your movie’, change the script. Change your beliefs; they will change your life.
2. The universe is already perfect, although you may not like what is happening to you. It is often to improve your life, not ruin it.
3. Change starts with you.
Beliefs attract situations to confirm their validity
Scientist Itzahak Bentov* believed, that our brains do not produce thoughts, but are devices for amplifying them. Be aware of what beliefs go into your brain, screen false statements and stick to your truths. Newton’s laws state, that every action has an equal and opposite reaction.
When you have an inner conflict, you will attract conflict. How many times did you catch yourself saying: ‘I believe my partner does not love me enough’, no one appreciates me at work, or ‘I am a victim’… etc. If your life seems disappointing, recognise that you do have a choice now, and use it. Allow your past to teach you how to positively influence the present.
Any ‘drama’ we experience starts with our personal beliefs. We react emotionally, in order to learn and grow spiritually. If your ‘dramas’ are frequent and painful, then it is time to pause and ask yourself:
What is it within me that is generating a conflict? Do I have two sets of beliefs that are equally strong, but contradict each other? Let’s see some hands now: ‘I really seek true love’, but at the same time ‘I know I’ll never find it!’
· Am I treating myself as I expect others to? Imagine you are your best friend. Love yourself first —before you can love anyone else.
How to change your Script
Find a quite moment where you are can sit relaxed, with a paper and pad; light a candle, play your favourite relaxing music, then:
· Start listing your entire ‘negative’ or limiting beliefs about you, your life and others in your life. Write them down one column of the sheet of paper.
· Once you feel they are all down, start rewriting each belief down the opposite column, into a positive statement in the present tense. These will be your new beliefs or affirmations.
· Now, over the next few weeks start your day, and end it, by repeating each new affirmation several times, multiples of threes will be most effective.
· Start by saying them out loud, while looking into your eyes in a mirror. This may make you feel silly, but it is a sure way of reaching your inner mind! Repeat them until you no longer experience resistance (or feel self-conscious).
· Next, carry your new beliefs around so they are readily accessible. I even went to the extent of sticking my new beliefs on coloured post-it notes all around the flat, on bathroom mirror, behind doors, etc.
· Later on, you can replace the post-it notes with smaller more discreet blank coloured stickers, placed on any spot you look at frequently. Each colour represents a new belief, and each sticker act as a bombarding reminder to your brain.
· Work on no more than three new beliefs at a time, it is easier for the brain to accept them. Then, move on to the next three, and so on.
Perhaps you would like to consider or adapt the following affirmations, which are currently on my board:
No matter what happens, I will create no more pain for myself, I will create no more problems. Life is full of joy.
o All is well in my world
o I will only react to constructive suggestions
Reclaim your power now. The future you yearn for is literally in your hands. Find out what beliefs are not serving you, and change them. You will experience more joy, and less pain in your life. Remember, once the lesson is learnt, your situation will change.
Next month, we’ll discuss dealing with past including exercises, to release and rewrite it. Till then, Love, light and healing.
· Stalking the Wild Pendulum, On the Mechanics of Consciousness – by Itzhak Bentov, pub. Inner Traditions International or Rider (1988 or 1978).
Subscribe to Sahar’s FREE podcasts: